Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Water Walking...


I recently taught for a few weeks on what it means to be a “water walker.” Thanks to John Ortberg’s book, “If you’re Gonna Walk on Water, You Gotta Get Out of the Boat,” I've had a renewed desire to “step out” and trust Jesus, and see Him as far more than a “friend,” but truly as my Lord.

Looking at Matthew 14: 22+, a key point John O. makes is that we will face storms in life. We will face storms! 2 Timothy 3:12… “in fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” So why should I be “surprised” when a storm blows up? I’ve GOT to remember that, just as Jesus sent his best friends out in a boat in the night, KNOWING what was about to take place… He not only knows when and where a storm is coming towards me, but He knows also just how He wants to show Himself to me in the storm.

Think about it: verse 22: “Jesus made them get into the boat…” He knows a storm is about to blow in and He makes them get into the boat. Not under a tree. Not home. Not in a cave. IN a BOAT…ON the SEA… I'm beginning to think that He can show Himself better to me in a storm...

No comments: